Order Your Repeat Prescription Online
Patients on long-term medication can order repeat prescriptions in a number of ways:
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope and we will post it back to you.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page
- By hand - drop your repeat slip in at reception with the required items clearly marked.
Please use counterfoil provided or on a piece of paper.
Unless you are homebound, please do not request over the telephone as there is a risk of prescribing wrong medication in wrong dosage.
Once we receive your request, the practice will make available your prescription within 48 hours.
From time to time your medication need to be reviewed and you may not receive further medication without a doctor’s consent.
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
NHS Prescription costs as of April 1 2012
- The current prescription charge is £9.00
- From 1 April 2010 a three monthly PPC is £29.10. This saves you money if you need four or more items in three months.
- A 12 month certificate is £104.00 and saves money if 15 or more items are needed in 12 months.
PPCs are available by 10 monthly direct debit instalment payments. The prescription prepayment certificates allow anyone to obtain all the prescriptions they need for £2 per week.
There is further information about prescription exemptions, fees and PPCs available on the NHS website.